Saturday 4 August 2012

Ok, fine. I confess

Despite my better judgement, I'm enjoying the olympics. There, I've said it.

I'm sure part of it is that it's something we can watch for really quite a while before Small snaps and starts grizzling for cbeebies and the relief of not having to watch Justin Fletcher mug all over the screen is quite immeasurable.
It also doesn't hurt that we're doing quite well, it's nice to be able to root for someone who actually has a chance of winning, even better when they do.
Big likes his athletics and cycling, which is fine but I'm finding more enjoyment in the sports which don't usually get on the tv. Judo was good, it's not every day you get to watch a couple of lasses square up and circle each other, flapping at hands and eventually getting into a grapple well, not without hair pulling and a pub backdrop anyway.

I forget I do this, I think of myself as a sport-free zone and I rarely choose to watch it but if I start watching it, I do start to enjoy it and get to care, even wonder what taking up said sport might be like. Thankfully these episodes don't last long and I'm back to couch potato-ing in front of CSI again in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment