Monday 10 September 2012

Kill me now.

It's September the 10th.
Yesterday, my mind wandered while I was doing the ironing and I found myself checking with Big our plans for Christmas dinner. (We take turns spending Christmas in Hudds or Aberdeen. As this is a Hudds year, either I decide to cook for the three of us, or we go his Mum's)

Today I found myself clearing out Small's Amazon Wishlist for his Christmas and Birthday presents, ready for this year's entries. And I added some too.

Lets say it again,

IT'S SEPTEMBER THE 10TH.

It's too damn early to think about Christmas. It's too early to be thinking I'd better start picking up stocking fillers to spread the cost. It's too early to start thinking about what I'm going to cook and what I can get done in advance and freeze. It's too early to watch Small like a hawk in toy shops to get ideas to direct people to.

It's not that I dislike the whole Yuletide deal, I love it. But I love it in December.
I don't want to even acknowledge that it's coming until Hallowe'en is out of the way. It's not fair.
This is what being a parent does to you, it makes you start thinking about the end of the year when you're still trying to enjoy the middle!

1 comment:

  1. If it's any consolation:
    We've just sorted a date for our Christmas do at work,
    I had a text from my eldest to ask if I'd like a Christmas cake making as she's starting hers,
    And I've already started on presents (we're doing a hand-made Christmas this year).
    After all, it's only 105 days to go :D

    ReplyDelete