Monday 1 October 2012

Projects, always with the projects

I've taken it into my head to make Small a Wolf Suit, akin to Max's in Where The Wild Things Are. Small loves that book so I think he'll get a kick out of it. I'm no seamstress of any sort, I've made clothes before but not well and not with any form of skill.
To make it easier on myself I'm trying to source a white, fluffy onesie to use as a base, then I'll add ears, claws and tail. Oh and crown. Because it seems nigh on impossible to source a toy crown either online or in shops around here, today I bought a metre of gold lame fabric. I'll get some wadding and make a template and see how I get on. Really, how hard can it be?

It doesn't have to be achieved by hallowe'en if I can't manage it, Small found himself a spider costume in Sainsburys at the weekend that was on special offer so he can use that if need be. Although he has already been wearing it and climbing through his play tunnel singing about Incy Wincy Spider.

Something that does rather have to be achieved by hallowe'en is my other project. I've decided that as I'm throwing Small a hallowe'en party, I will grab with both hands the excuse to make one of those fancy cakes I've been itching to try out since I bought the damn book. I've chosen a moderate design, a castle with witches flying round it to base my cake on and off I shall go! Yes, on top of all the other things to be done when throwing a party. Yes, I am insane, but at least it's the creative, harmless sort instead of the 'take all edged weapons and edge-able items out of her reach' sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment